Well, I just got back from Egypt. Yep, that's right...Egypt! I saw one of the seven wonders of the world. Let me just tell you, the pyramids are huge! They were so awesome! So anyways, almost everyone who goes to Egypt gets sick because everything has Nile water in it which our stomachs can't handle. But don't worry, I am weird. I didn't get sick like everyone else. I actually got over my ailments while in Egypt. My thumb is almost all better (I hyper-extended it twice), my cold is gone (although it started to come back when we got back to Israel), and my pink eye went away...yippee!!! I could finally see again. It was the best day ever when I was able to wear contacts again. So it is going to take a while to write all about my Egypt adventures so the posts will be coming in sections. Oh, my new favorite way to sleep on charter buses - right on the floor in the aisle...haha that's right. I sleep like a baby on the floor.

Egyptian women making pita. The pita was pretty good, slightly different than what we get a the JC, but still good. One kid opened his pita and a ton of ants came swarming out (that pita was not made by these ladies though). haha It was interesting and kind of disturbing. I love pita!

That's right...I am Pharaoh. An even better pharaoh than Hatshepsut! I mean, look at my servants bowing to me...need I say more? (photo taken on the third largest pyramid)

Oh isn't the sphinx so cute! The adorable little cat. haha it's fun taking pictures with the sphinx. Want to know why his nose is gone? So people don't take pictures of themselves picking his nose. He knew they would, so he sacrificed his nose believing it to be more honorable...hehe

This is what I look like when I have pink eye and want to see the pyramids. Glasses all the way baby...except not. Ugh, having pink eye during the one time I get to see one of the seven wonders of the world was terrible. Good thing the pyramids were so huge! It sure made it a lot easier to see them since I couldn't wear my contacts.

That's right. I am mightier and taller than the Great Pyramid! haha jk. But it was so so so much fun going inside the Great Pyramid. The path to the burial chamber wasn't as complex as I always imagined, but it was still super cool. I mean, really, I climbed all the way inside and to the heart of the Great Pyramid...and I almost laid down in the sarcaphagous...dang it why didn't I?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWow!! What an incridible thing that must be to see in person. I love that your blogging this! I can just hear your voice while reading it. I especially love the last picture. It really shows how huge that paramid is by all the little people in the background. Glad your ailments are no longer ailing you! Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteMake that "incredible"...I really should go find my glasses before I write any more comments...
ReplyDeleteAmy--I love it!!!I'm so glad you can blog. I have rarely seen you in glasses and I'm your mom. You must have really wanted to see. Maybe your cold in Jerusalem is allergies. Try and allergy med. The dream come true of pyramids! I'll be excited to hear how they are different than you imagined. Loves!
ReplyDelete